I don't blog about work, but this one is pretty trade-secret-free, I think.
Advantages of my new cubicle:
* Convenient to the bathrooms
* Convenient to a coffee machine
* Convenient to the water fountain
* Convenient to the elevator
* I'm trying out using an exercise ball as my office chair1
Disadvantages of my new cubicle:
* Convenient to a coffee machine2
* Totally away from the windows. If I stand up and squint I can see a square of daylight off in the distance.
* Smaller than the old cubicle. But I did a pretty good job of sorting in the move. Of course, no matter how small or organized of a move you're making, the last box always contains completely random stuff that really should be thrown away. I'm still going through that box.
* Actually near other people. I've been pretty lucky over the last few years that I haven't had any near office neighbors, so I could play my music pretty loud and so on. We'll see how this works out.
* Zero cell phone reception.
1. This has nothing to do with which cube I'm in, but I thought the move was a good time to leave the chair behind and try this thing out. 2. The office coffee is terrible. This is true no matter where I sit in the office.