- Total amount of music files on your computer:
According to iTunes: 34474 songs, 106.3 days, 165.02 GB. I just completed merging my collections from 3 different harddrives, so there's probably 10 GBs or so of duplicate songs in there that I need to weed out (thanks iTunes' Show Duplicate Songs feature).
- The last CD you bought was:
Andrew Bird's The Mysterious Production of Eggs. (Lemon Jelly's '64-'95 and Latyrx's Album came in the same box from Amazon, but The Mysterious Production of Eggs was the last one I added to the shopping cart.)
- What is the song you last listened to before reading this message?
Hmm... here I'll have to confess that I read this meme a few days ago and saved a draft post with the questions until I had a few minutes to get around to answering it. Before sitting down to write this, the last song I heard was Sarah Hudson's "Girl on the Verge," from Epsiode 4 of Project Runway, where they design a rock-star outfit, because Erica and I were catching up on the early episodes we'd missed before the big finale on Wednesday.
- Write down 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you.
- "Romper Stomper" -- Dogrocket. My friend Phil, of R. Buzzy, recorded an album and a half of nifty cut-and-paste-and-sample songs that I just keep listening to over and over. I love them all, but I've used Romper Stomper in a couple of video projects because it's so upbeat.
- "1999" -- Asylum Street Spankers. "Life is just a party and parties weren't meant to last."
- "Low And Sweet" -- Green Keepers. Sometimes a song, usually a cheerful one like this one, just gets stuck in my head and I listen to it over and over over. A sweet little electro-swing number.
- "Jump Around" -- House of Pain. This is the official Bare theme song, partly because it's one of the few songs Shaun and I can agree on.
- "I Only Have Eyes For You" -- Lester Bowie's Brass Fantasy. I think this is my favorite song ever. The way it builds. The slow, sassy, subtle horns. Damn. I put it on just now and the first 30 seconds just get me, and then it keeps going and building for 10 minutes more.
- P.S. You can see all what I've actually been listening to on my AudioScrobber profile.
- Who are you going to pass this stick to? (3 persons) and why?
We have to pass it off? Umm... Kittyloaf, because she's my meme-buddy. And Erica, because she cares about music a lot. And, umm... everyone on the Chicago Metroblog, for no reason at all. Whew.
[saw it via Warren Ellis, did it after I saw it at Laurenn McCubbin]