"1. Open up the music player on your computer (if you have one -- the music player, I mean. Clearly you have a computer, because otherwise you couldn't read this).
2. Set it to play your entire music collection.
3. Hit the "shuffle" command.
4. Tell us the title of the next ten songs that show up (with their musicians), no matter how embarrassing. That's right, no skipping that Carpenters tune that will totally destroy your hip credibility. It's time for total musical honesty. You can put the list in the comment thread, or write it up in your blog or Journal and then post a link in the comments."
Here's my list, with albums only because iTunes grabs that, too, when you do a copy-paste:
- So Fresh So Clean - Outkast - Stankonia
- To Be Continued - DJ Krush - Holonic
- When Good Dogs Do Bad Things - The Dillinger Escape Plan With Mike Patton - Irony Is A Dead Scene EP
- Summer Crane - The Avalanches - Since I Left You
- Gotta Get Over - Gang Starr - Full Clip
- Speed Queen - MC Frontalot - Nerdcore Hiphop (demo)
- It's Yours - T la Rock and Jazzy Jay - www.cocaineblunts.com
- Pete Standing Alone - Boards Of Canada - Music Has The Right To Children
- Expresso Noir - Legendary Pink Dots - The Maria Dimension
- Little Room - The White Stripes - White Blood Cells