Before I descend into the hives of scum and villany that are eBay and Craig’s List (or just donate them to the Brown Elephant), I thought I’d see if any of my FuzzyCo friends wanted:
- Mintola Maxxum 5xi film camera with 28-80 zoom lens (worked fine the last time I used it).
- Broken Nikon D1, body only. The last time I fired it up, it would take pictures but they all came out like static, so something is up.
- a VCR (I know, right)
- Sega Dreamcast. I’ll dig out some controllers and a game or two.
- PowerPC MacMini with a dead harddrive
- Powerbook G4 15”, 768 MB RAM, 20 GB harddrive, Mac OS X 10.5.8. The fan is a little noisy, but the screen is in great shape - actually not too bad a machine for that theoretical “just needs to check email” user.
- iBook G3, 386 MB RAM, 20 GB hd, Mac OS X 10.3.9. And it’s got that smelly problem that these white iBooks get. I used to think it was the battery, but I’ve heard it might be the glue that holds down the keyboard, but regardless, it kinda smells like BO and it gets a little worse as it warms up.
- some crappy old PC laptops. I mean, really old. They’re probably maxxed out at 256 MB of memory and can run XP really slowly or some minimal Linux distro. I’m not going to bother trying to boot them up, but they all did boot the last time I tried.
(Oh, and safest to assume that the batteries are shot on all these laptops, though they will work on power adapters.)